EnviroWaste is experienced in designing and implementing all types of contaminated site remediation. We offer competitive rates for remediation and disposal of contaminated materials at all of our licensed landfill facilities. If required, we can oversee pre-treatment of waste before disposal to landfill, though specialised treatment facilities.
The EnviroWaste Contaminated Site Remediation Group will assist you with Remediation Action Plans and consent applications to meet local and regional requirements.
For enquiries regarding our remediation services, please contact Brendan Taunt on 09 622 8385.
Examples of Our Remediation Experience
- Site assessment, waste classification and remediation of gas works sites
- Risk screening, subsurface geophysical investigation and treatment of former pesticide dump sites
- Contaminant identification and Remediation Action Plans for removal of heavy metal contamination in soils at electroplating sites
- Bioremediation of former timber treatment site waste
- Environmental testing, chemical screening and management of remedial trials at a former metal smelting facility
- Preliminary site screening, residue analysis and clean-up of hydrocarbon contaminated sites
- Mine tailings investigation and rehabilitation
- Phyto and bioremediation of arsenic in soils at ex-horticultural sites and former sheep dip sites
- Pioneering in situ soil stabilisation techniques can be applied to appropriate sites for remediation of metal and organic contaminants
- In situ barrier wall systems
- Free product removal
- Dual phase vacuum extraction (free and dissolved phase hydrocarbons)
- Air Sparging
Leaching of contamination from soils, or direct releases of contaminants into the saturated zone can adversely affect groundwater resources. Groundwater in turn may have an important role in sustaining flows in streams and wetlands. The EnviroWaste Contaminated Site Remediation Group has extensive experience in:
- Groundwater recovery and treatment
- Design and installation of treatment and product recovery wells
- Monitoring well installation and development (in both soil and rock)
- Groundwater sampling
- In situ contaminant treatment (air sparging, free product recovery, dual phase vacuum extraction)
Sediment Control and Water Treatment
EnviroWaste is the New Zealand distributor of the Siltbuster mobile sediment control systems. Siltbuster is a series of award winning, patented products designed to remove fine particles from water, including cement fines and allows treated water to be discharged off-site in an environmentally friendly form. The units require no power, have no moving parts, no filters and minimal manpower requirements to operate.
- Fast and simple to set up.
- Small footprint but large settlement area.
- Unique design aids rapid particle settlement and water clarification.
- Units outperform conventional settlement tanks and lagoons up to 20 times their plan area.
- Units can be linked together to cope with a wide range of flows, pump sizes and particle characteristics.
- Pumping and dewatering
- Groundwater treatment
- Site run-off treatment
- Cement and mortar batching waste water
- In-river and near river works
- De-silting and dredging
- Drilling, piling and coffer dams
- Roads, pipelines and other liner projects
- Sewage and water treatment
- Hydro-demolition and diamond drilling
- Materials washing and recycling
- Plant, vehicle and wheel washing
- Site water management
- Carbon and sand filter pre-treatment
- Light oil separation
- DNAPL separation
- Temporary water treatment plants
- Mobile pilot units
EnviroWaste can facilitate the destruction and disposal of off-specification products which require secure handling and management. We offer deep burial at landfill, or special destruction services, which assure customers that these products are rendered unusable, unrecognizable and unsalable.
We also offer food waste recovery, through diversion, reuse and recycling of both the product and its packaging, which results in overall operational improvements and cost efficiencies for our customers.
For enquiries, please contact Spring Humphreys on 027 448 0808.